Supporting and enriching critical nonprofit, educational, and economic infrastructure initiatives located within our Cape Ann communities
Cape Ann Community Foundation Announces Grant Awards
Marking their fifth annual funding cycle, The Board of Directors of the Cape Ann Community Foundation (CACF) has announced that they have awarded grants to eight Cape Ann area non-profit and community organizations. Grants funded through the proceeds of Cape Ann license plate sales and renewals are being made to the following organizations:
• CCB Foundation, Inc. to support addiction recovery services on Cape Ann.
• Gloucester’s City-Owned Cemeteries Advisory Committee to support the professional restoration of damaged historic gravestones.
• Gloucester Stage Company to support live performances this summer on the outdoor stage at Windhover Center for the Performing Arts in Rockport, in partnership with Windhover and other local arts organizations.
• NAMI, Cape Ann to support the Cape Ann Social Club whose members are living with mental health challenges and working on active recovery and management of their symptoms.
• Rockport Council on Aging to help pay for transportation by taxi for seniors needing medical services out of town.
• Seaside Sustainability to help purchase video recording equipment and motion graphics software to bring their “Green Scholars” curriculum to an online platform.
• Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Holy Family (Cape Ann) Conference to support the reopening of their “Clothes Closet” and their work helping Cape Ann people meet basic needs, including rent, energy, food and clothing.
• Young Legends Street Hockey, Inc. to help build a state-of-the-art street hockey rink in Gloucester for the community.
“We wish to congratulate the eight successful grant applicants and we would also like to commend and express our thanks to all of the Cape Ann area non-profits and civic organizations that submitted proposals. My fellow Board members and I were greatly impressed by the quality of every grant application, and we encourage applicants who were not successful this time to come back to us for future funding rounds. We also urge all Cape Ann residents and visitors to buy the Cape Ann License Plate, to ensure that we will have ample funds to support more of these worthy initiatives,” said CACF Board President Ruth Pino. “Just $20 a year is added to our registration renewals, but the benefits for Cape Ann that these dollars help deliver are immeasurable.”
Get Your “I Love Cape Ann” Koozie!
For a limited time, when you donate $25 or more to the CACF, you’ll receive a limited edition “I Love Cape Ann” Koozie that you can sport at home, at the beach, on your boat, or at a barbeque. Show your Cape Ann pride while helping make a difference in your community.
Our Cape Ann License Plate Helps Fund Our Grants
Each plate, upon renewal, generates $40 for our foundation. That’s $20/year per plate—out grant recipients can make that go far!